This Application collects some Personal Data from its Users.
Users may be subject to different protection standards, and broader standards may therefore apply to some. To learn more about the protection criteria, Users can refer to the applicability section.
Owner and Data Controller
1172 Satellite Blvd
Suwanee, GA 30024
Owner contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Types of Data collected.
Among the types of Personal Data that this Application collects, by itself or through third parties, there are Cookies; Usage Data, first name; last name; email address, website.
The User may freely provide personal data, or, in case of Usage Data, collected automatically when using this Application.
Unless specified otherwise, all Data requested by this Application is mandatory, and failure to provide this Data may make it impossible for this Application to provide its services. In cases where this Application specifically states that some Data is not mandatory, Users are free not to communicate this Data without consequences to the service’s availability or functioning.
Users who are uncertain about which Personal Data is mandatory are welcome to contact the Owner.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published, or shared through this Application and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
Mode and place of processing the Data
Methods of processing
The Owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data. Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Application (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Owner at any time.
Legal basis of processing
The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations, the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- Provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- Processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
- Processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
- Processing is necessary for the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
In any case, the Owner will gladly help clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, particularly whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Data is processed at the Owner’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located.
Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data.
If broader protection standards are applicable, Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by the Owner to safeguard their Data.
If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with the Owner using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner, and the User shall be retained until such a contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the Owner’s legitimate interests within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification, and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after the retention period’s expiration.
The purposes of processing
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its Services and the following purposes: Analytics, Content commenting, Managing landing and invitation pages, and Platform services and hosting.
Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and the specific Personal Data used for each purpose in this document’s respective sections.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
Managing landing and invitation pages
Platform services and hosting
The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
Users entitled to broader protection standards may exercise any of the rights described below. In all other cases, Users may inquire with the Owner to determine which rights apply to them.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to their Personal Data processing.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to their data processing if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if the Owner is processing data, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing, and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify their data’s accuracy and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable. The data is processed by automated means, and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract that the User is part of, or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Complain. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the Owner’s legitimate interests, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection.
Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn whether the Owner is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to this document’s relevant sections.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
Applicability of broader protection standards
While most provisions of this document concern all Users, some provisions expressly only apply if Personal Data processing is subject to broader protection standards.
Such broader protection standards apply when the processing:
- is performed by an Owner based within the EU;
- concerns the Personal Data of Users who are in the EU and is related to the offering of paid or unpaid goods or services to such Users;
- concerns the Personal Data of Users who are in the EU and allows the Owner to monitor such Users’ behavior in the EU.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in Court or the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Application or the related Services.
The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon public authorities’ request.
Additional information about User’s Personal Data
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Application and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Application (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this policy
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
This Application does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Should the changes affect processing activities performed based on the User’s consent, the Owner shall collect new consent from the User, where required.