An important note around the recent developments concerning the coronavirus disease (COVID-19):
The top priority at MedSmarter is the safety and well-being of our students, faculty, and visitors. We also recognize and understand that there are concerns about the coronavirus; therefore, I personally want to update you on the steps we are taking to provide a safe learning environment for our students and team members.
1) We are continuing to closely monitor the latest developments and following the guidance from the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
2) We are taking several steps to help maintain confidence in your health and safety while in our study center. We have enhanced our cleaning and sanitation efforts and are providing an abundance of anti-bacterial soap in all handwashing stations and have placed several of alcohol-based hand sanitizers throughout. Finally, we are frequently cleaning and disinfecting the restrooms, computer stations, and the break area.
We advise individuals to observe the following measures to contain the spread of the virus:
- Those who are sick and have any symptoms of illness are instructed to stay home and avoid going to crowded public places.
- Frequent handwashing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Use hand sanitizers.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a single-use tissue (discard after using and wash hands immediately) or cough/sneeze into your flexed elbow.
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Do not shake hands, embrace, or kiss others, especially those who are sick and if you are sick.
Open and Healthy: We are open and conducting classes in a safe and healthy manner.
In light of the exam cancellations, per ECFMG, and closings of Prometric Centers, students are advised to be proactive about checking updates and rescheduling from their respective websites. At MedSmarter, we are conducting business as normal as possible while taking wise precautions.
- We are continuing to maintain small class sizes of no more than 8-10 physical students per class for the USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 CK Live Review Courses.
- Our Step 2 CS Courses are being offered in classes of no more than 3 students per session.
- We have implemented daily online after-hour study group sessions: MedLOGS (this will be a free service through April 30, 2020) details will be posted on our website and social media in the next couple of days.
- We will implement discount programs for students who wish to partake in Live-Online classes for Step 1 and Step 2 CK (details to follow on our website and social media).
COVID-19 is a serious matter and I hope that all of you and yours are safe and healthy and remain that way for the foreseeable future. I would like to reiterate to take any and all precautions to keep yourself, your loved ones and your community safe per the CDC and WHO Guidelines. If any changes occur in how we are moving forward, we will provide updates through email and social media postings.
Wishing you the best for good health and renewed prosperity.
Don Mahmood, C.E.O.
MedSmarter Test Prep