MedSmarter has created a new internship program that offers selected high school graduates and college students real-world experience and valuable learning opportunities. The MedSmarter Intern Program (MSIP) offers students robust training, development, and prepares them to enter the job market with MedSmarter or other organizations. The IP offers a broad scope of internships: medical office assistant, tutoring, multimedia journalism, digital operations (such as web and mobile development), digital sales, marketing, broadcast production, HealthCare IT, and Medical Education.
What is the duration of the program?
- A full-time internship is a minimum of 10 weeks (30-40 hours/per week) and a maximum of 12 months.
- A part-time internship is no less than 10 hours per week for 12 weeks.
Which students are eligible for the program?
- Must be a full or part-time student at an accredited school, college, or University.
- Students with a minimum 3.0 GPA in their major field of study are preferred.
What is the selection process?
- All internship candidates must complete an MSIP application including resume, work samples, web pages, animations, scripts, etc. (if applicable)
- Candidates will complete telephone or in-person interviews with MedSmarter HR and the local unit hiring manager.
- Candidates will be notified by MedSmarter HR or the local unit hiring manager (as applicable) of their selection.
What type of work will be required to perform?
- The MSIP offer letter will include a brief description of specific assigned tasks, the name, and title of the supervisor, the internship dates, and other relevant information.
How will my work be evaluated?
- The intern’s supervisor will explain assignments and follow-up to see that they are satisfactorily completed.
- MSIP interns are encouraged to keep a daily journal.
- MSIP interns are required to keep a portfolio of materials produced during the internship.
- Both the intern and their supervisor should maintain a record of all hours the intern works.
- MSIP interns will receive a formal evaluation during the internship.
Will I have a mentor?
- A mentor and/or an MSIP Graduate Ambassador will be assigned to each IP intern during their internship.
Will I receive college credit or be paid?
- MedSmarter offers a paid and/or a college credit college internship program. Check with your school to find out the requirements for college credit internships. In some cases, MedSmarter may offer stipends to students in the college credit internship program.
To apply or for more information, e-mail your name and contact number to email@example.com with the subject line: Intern Program – (Your First & Last Name)