Are you looking for an opportunity where you can experience growth and excitement?
MedSmarter Test Prep is seeking qualified, full-time and part-time USMLE Step 1 & Step 2 CK instructors and Tutors for our Live and Online Review Courses. The ideal candidates are either awaiting for Residency or have decided to forego Residency and have a passion for teaching.
Just a few of the great benefits of joining MedSmarter Test Prep as an Instructor are a competitive starting pay, an ideal work schedule, and collaborative work environment.
- Live in driving distance to the Duluth Study Center (Live Instructors)
- Passion for teaching
- Passed all USMLE exams (MD, MBBS)
- Able to take constructive feedback while on the job
- Legally allowed to work in the United States
To apply, please send all resumes and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Instructor – <your name>
Position: Standardized Patients (SPs)
Standardized patient simulation involves the use of individuals trained to portray the roles of patients, family members or others to allow students to practice physical exam skills, history taking skills, communication skills and other exercises. MedSmarter Test Prep holds group interviews for prospective SPs on an as needed basis. We are not able to employ all of the talented individuals who contact us. SPs work on a project basis and may work a few times a year to a few times a month.
A Standardized Patient (SP) is a person carefully recruited and trained to take on the characteristics of a real patient thereby affording the student an opportunity to learn and to be evaluated on learned skills in a simulated clinical environment.
During an interaction with a student the SP may:
- Present case history in response to questioning by the student
- Undergo a limited physical examination at the student’s direction
- Assist students in developing their communication and clinical skills
- Assist students in working through difficult emotional situations in a safe environment
To apply or for more information, e-mail your name and contact number to email@example.com with the subject line: SP Program: <your name>
Position: Enrollment Advisor / Recruitment Specialist
We are looking for compassionate regional team players who understand the needs and struggles of future physicians. As frontline members of the team, the ideal candidates would be responsible for the recruitment of new students for curriculum programs in accordance with the mission, goals, and policies of MedSmarter.
- Provide information regarding admissions requirements and program benefits to prospective students and parents via phone, mail and personal visits; follow up with mail or phone call, as appropriate.
- Assist new students with the enrollment process including advising and registration.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts to be made.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Identify sales prospects and contact these and other accounts as assigned.
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships.
- Manage account services through quality checks and other follow-up.
- Identify and resolve client concerns.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Coordinate company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales.
- Develop and implement special sales activities to ensure complete enrollment.
- Participate in marketing events such as seminars, trade shows, and telemarketing events
To apply or for more information, e-mail your name and contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Enrollment Advisor – <your name>
Position: Office Assistant / Receptionist
MedSmarter is looking to hire an Office Assistant (OA) who would provide administrative, secretarial and clerical support to others in the office to maintain an efficient office environment.
- Organize office and assist associates in ways that optimize procedures
- Sort and distribute communications in a timely manner
- Create and update records ensuring the accuracy and validity of information
- Schedule and plan meetings and appointments
- Monitor level of supplies and handle shortages
- Resolve office-related malfunctions and respond to requests or issues
- Coordinate with other departments to ensure compliance with established policies
- Maintain trusting relationships with suppliers, customers, and colleagues
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or associates degree
- Previous office experience may be requested but this can also be entry level position
- Competent computer skills including MS Office
- Basic computer skills including use of e-mails, word, excel
- Proven Experience as a back office assistant, office assistant, virtual assistant or in another relevant administrative role
- Knowledge of “back-office” computer systems
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Thorough understanding of office management procedures
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- WordPress experience is a plus but not necessary
To apply or for more information, e-mail your name and contact number to email@example.com with the subject line: Office Assistant – <your name>
Position: MedSmarter Intern Program
MedSmarter has created a new internship program that offers selected high school graduates and college students real-world experience and valuable learning opportunities. The MedSmarter Intern Program (MSIP) offers students robust training, development, and prepares them to enter the job market with MedSmarter or other organizations. The IP offers a broad scope of internships: medical office assistant, tutoring, multimedia journalism, digital operations (such as web and mobile development), digital sales, marketing, broadcast production, HealthCare IT, and Medical Education.
What is the duration of the program?
- A full-time internship is a minimum of 10 weeks (30-40 hours/per week) and a maximum of 12 months.
- A part-time internship is no less than 10 hours per week for 12 weeks.
Which students are eligible for the program?
- Must be a full or part-time student at an accredited school, college or University.
- Students with a minimum 3.0 GPA in their major field of study are preferred.
What is the selection process?
- All internship candidates must complete an MSIP application including resume, work samples, web pages, animations, scripts, etc. (if applicable)
- Candidates will complete a telephone or in-person interviews with MedSmarter HR and the local unit hiring manager.
- Candidates will be notified by MedSmarter HR or the local unit hiring manager (as applicable) of their selection.
What type of work will be required to perform?
- The MSIP offer letter will include a brief description of specific assigned tasks, the name, and title of supervisor, the internship dates and other relevant information.
How will my work be evaluated?
- The intern’s supervisor will explain assignments and follow-up to see that they are satisfactorily completed.
- MSIP interns are encouraged to keep a daily journal.
- MSIP interns are required to keep a portfolio of materials produced during the internship.
- Both the intern and their supervisor should maintain a record of all hours the intern works.
- MSIP interns will receive a formal evaluation during the internship.
Will I have a mentor?
- A mentor and/or an MSIP Graduate Ambassador will be assigned to each IP intern during their internship.
Will I receive college credit or be paid?
- MedSmarter offers a paid and/or a college credit college internship program. Check with your school to find out the requirements for college credit internships. In some cases, MedSmarter may offer stipends to students in the college credit internship program.
To apply or for more information, e-mail your name and contact number to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Intern Program – <your name>