MedSmarter Promise to Students Preparing for the USMLE®
The MedSmarter Promise is to provide our students with the utmost opportunity to pass the USMLE® exams by using MedSmarter’s high yield study materials and personalized learning approach.
If you utilize MedSmarter’s USMLE® Step 1, Step 2 CK, or Step 2 CS Live and Live Online review courses, but are unable to pass the USMLE® exam, you may repeat the same course at a discount price.
MedSmarter Promise Eligibility Requirements
To become eligible for The MedSmarter Promise, students must:
1. Abide by Attendance Rules
- USMLE® Step 1 & Step 2 CK – Must attend 95% of all live course lectures
- USMLE® Step 2 CS – Must attend 100% of scheduled workshops, assessments, sessions and patient encounters.
Note: Students meeting the criteria will be confirmed through daily attendance tracking conducted during live in-person and live online courses.
2. Complete Content Exam Provided by MedSmarter
USMLE® Step 1 & Step 2 CK Courses
- Students must complete a Prior to Course (PTC) NBME Assessment during the first week of the course (or provide an NMBE score report not older than 1 month). There is no minimum score required on the NBME, as it is utilized to help students identify areas of strengths and weaknesses as the course begins.
- Students must complete an End of Course NBME assessment and earn a score of at least 400 on the last scheduled day of The MedSmarter Review Course.
USMLE® Step 2 CS Courses
- Students must complete the MedSmarter USMLE® Step 2 CS Assessment and earn a rating of “pass.”
- Students must provide proof of USMLE® exam completion showing they did not receive a passing score (e.g., USMLE® score report).
- The USMLE® exam must be taken within 6 months of completing the MedSmarter Live Courses.
Who Is Not Eligible for Our Promise to USMLE® Students?
- F-1 international students enrolled through MedSmarter on a Form I-20 are not eligible
- Not applicable to students who are prepping only with self-study options (e.g., MedSmarter’s ExamMD products)
Benefits of The MedSmarter Promise
Students eligible for The MedSmarter Promise will be offered the following savings on retail pricing:
- USMLE® Step 1 & USMLE® Step 2 CK – Get 15% off retail price of live in-person and live online courses
- USMLE® Step 2 CS – Get 15% off retail price of live courses and mock exams
How to Redeem The MedSmarter Promise
Students can redeem The MedSmarter Promise by contacting Student Services:
- Toll-Free Phone Number: 800.979.5850
- Email: EA@MedSmarter.com
- Hours of Operation: Monday-Friday 9:30 AM to 5:30 PM Eastern Time
Rules & Regulations of Our Promise to USMLE® Students
- Expires 365 days following the completion of the Live or Live Online review course
- Cannot be transferred or be combined with any other offers
- May be redeemed only once per course purchased
- Previous enrollment and satisfaction of all requirements must be verified and confirmed within our records at the time of redemption
- Any previous account balances must be paid prior to the redemption being accepted
Previous Student Tuition Savings
Students who have taken a MedSmarter USMLE® review course, but do not qualify for The MedSmarter Promise, are eligible for a Previous Student Tuition Savings as follows:
- Step 1 & Step 2 CK – Save 25% on live in-person and live online courses
- Step 2 CS – Save 25% of live assessment courses
Alumni tuition savings will be applied to full retail price of the courses. They cannot be combined with any other promotions, special offers, or group tuition pricing.